From mountains to valleys and lakes to rivers, the National Park of the Hautes-Gorges-de-la-Rivière-Malbaie offers beautiful landscapes on the east side of Canada.
Let's Get Started:
Length: 17.4 km (roundtrip)
Time: About 4-5 hours
Height: 170 m
This scenic hike takes you through a forest, along the Malbaie River and finally to a spot that offers gorgeous views of the valley. Sit down, relax and take in the beautiful sights before you head back.
Le Acropolis des Draveurs
Length: 10.4 km (roundtrip)
Time: About 4-6 hours
Height: 800 m
This difficult trail takes you up to three different peaks of mountains! Along the way, you'll see waterfalls, wildlife and flora in an alpine environment. Once you reach the top, you'll have a 360 panorama view of the Malbaie River valley and surrounding mountains. Just keep in mind that it gets pretty windy at the top!
- The park also offers kayaking, fishing, biking, wildlife viewing, hiking, boating and ice climbing.
- On top of camping fees, there will be a daily access fee of $8.50.
- There's no parking at the hiking trails, so you will need to take a shuttle to each hiking trail unless you are willing to walk it. The shuttle runs from 8am-7pm daily.
- No dogs are allowed in the park.
- Always have your proof of payment on hand while you're in the park. Park rangers will ask you to see it because they've previously had a lot of hikers trespassing.
- If you're showering in the park, it costs 25 cents/minute.
- It's about a 10.5 hour drive from Toronto or a 5 hour drive from Montreal.